Monday 9 February 2009

Mondays...

Just got back from St Peter's Hospice, where I volunteer every Monday. It's one of the most important days of the week for me, as it reminds me of just how lucky I am. The people I teach there are just like you and I, only they have the misfortune of being unwell with an illness they may not recover from.
Their weekly visits to the hospice mean a lot to them - a chance to be with others in the same position as themselves, to see the nurses and doctors for medical care, to be generally pampered by the volunteers and, of course, to make something out of paper that will impress their loved ones at home!
Often the craft-room is filled with laughter and gaiety... a fact that surprises some people. Today there was much hilarity, as all attempted to follow my instructions on making a magnetic bookmark... with VERY tiny magnets and VERY sticky tape... but the end results were fab! Here's my teaching sample...


For my sample I used a beautiful paper made by Prima marketing - called Heavenlies. I stamped the crown, making it sparkle by heat embossing it with Stardust embossing powder. the words are from a rubber stamp by Elusive Images, which I printed out on a textured card. cool huh?

No comments: