Tuesday 14 June 2011

My Version of a SMASH!

Well, can you believe it - I STILL have this darn cold - have slept on the sofa for the last three nights because poor Rich was getting no sleep with me hacking away all night! But enough whinging... take a look at this:

I kept the front cover fairly one dimensional, as this little baby will be travelling around with me! The band is a 7 Gypsie's one I've had for yonks. And now just a few of the pages:

I found a wonderful You Tube vid, showing how to make a smash lookylikey, and she had some PDF's of a few pages to print out... I added to this one with some stamped images (the ink splodge and borders at the top. Next up:

Again - the 'This and That' was printed, and I added the butterfly. There's lots of different patterned papers throughout the book - I just raided my ever growing stash! and next:

Another printed page on the right,which I added the stars to, some random patterned paper on the left, and a Maya Road kraft envelope. And the last photo is showing a page that I've used:

I've had some Promarkers for a while now, but because I didn't have any image stamps I liked that were suitable for detailed colouring I haven't used them much. Most people seem to use those weird images of girls with HUGE heads, or really cutesy ones... neither really tickle me. Then I saw that Gorjuss Girls came in stamps - Yay! So I bought some, and I played.... i'm really chuffed with the results!
Well, that's it - my little book. I really recommend that you try and make one - Connie (my daughter) has a REAL Smash book, and she absolutely adores it... but i have to say theres a bit of an issue with the pages turning smoothly - they get stuck, and quite a few people have mentioned this. Mine? Those pages turn like a well oiled machine.... xxx

1 comment:

televe00 said...

thats super hon..well done..xxevi