Sunday 5 June 2011

A very belated gift...

So, AGES ago, a friend asked me to make her daughter a banner for her bedroom, saying sleep. This was back in February, and I remember thinking to myself "oh, that's yonks away - I'll put it to one side for now"......
So when I saw her last week, I asked her when she needed it for, cos I thought it must be coming up pretty soon. "Oh yes", she said... "That was a couple of weeks ago".....
OH NO!!!! How rubbish am I??!! So, somewhere in the last week of revision/nagging the kids, I managed to make this:
She asked for something in greys and pinks, and for it to be shabby chic (or chabby chick as I like to say since I heard someone on You Tube pronouncing it that way - teehee...). Her daughter is in her early 20's, so I tried to keep it a little classy rather than out and out girly (the style I would opt for when creating for my teenage darling).
I think one of the favourite elements I used on it has to be the Diamond Dust on the letters. Because it's chunky and made of real glass, it seems to sparkle and shine in a beautiful way, without being too OTT. Nearly finished my first tub - will need to go order more soon! xxx

No comments: