Tuesday 5 July 2011

Crafty Individuals new stamps!

Morning bloggerland! I've been playing with a couple of new sets of stamps from the wonderful Crafty Individuals... sets CI-322 and CI-320.
The first set is great fun - a trio of well dressed ladies and a vintage tag...
To make this card, I created a simple easel card from a scallop card blank, then covered the base and top flap in papers from the Prima Madeline 6x6 paper stack and also the Crate Paper Portrait stack. I sanded all the scalloped edges to give a neat finish. I then stamped the ladies, and paper pieced their outfits from various collections of paper... this was time consuming, but I think worth the effort!! I coloured their skin with Promarker satin. I then added the vintage tag to the card, before placing the ladies on with 3d foam pads. The border punched 'stopper' on the base is using the new Xcut Lace Trim punch, and the lace is from my stash. I've also used Paper Pen in charcoal to make the various sized 'gems' along the bottom.
Secondly, I played with the new beautiful birdcage stamp:
I created a tag using the Tim Holtz die, then covered it with paper from the new Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends mini deck. I added a few downloaded digital images at a jaunty angle, before stamping the image onto kraft cardstock. I coloured the flowers, leaves and bird with water colour pencils, before coating the flowers with Glossy Accents. I added Distress Crackle Glaze to the cage, and when dry gave it a coat of Pumice Stone ink to bring out the crackles. I did the same to the sentiment, before adhereing it to the tag with 3d foam pads. Everything, of course had a generous helping of Pumice Stone around it's edges to help with that aged effect!
So, I had great fun playing with these new stamps - you can find them HERE! P.S, sorry about the photo quality... the lighting's terrible this morning, but it's been toooo long since I last posted!

No comments: